Monday, October 5, 2009

What to do... What to do....

I'm having a tough time coming up with a solid idea for our scan projects. I want to do something that spans from the inspiration that Georgia O'keeffe has given me... but how do I put that on a glossy sheet of 8.5x11 paper?
Well first let me give you a little taste of the beauty of Georgia O'keeffe...
http://www.okeeffemuseum.org/

Check it out... it will probably inspire you as well.
So here is what I have so far...

These are some flowers that I pressed a little while ago. O'Keeffe uses a lot of flowers in her work and so I feel as though some kind of flower should be in my own work. Fresh flowers may be better, but I had these on hand and they look really beautiful pressed. I'm a big big fan of pressed flowers.






Now here is a little sketch of two female body forms that I drew with the ideas of O'keeffe in mind. Her paintings displayed femininity and sexuality and I somehow need to convey that as well through my project. These are actually sketches I went off of for my ceramics project, which I may involve some way into the piece.

Any suggestions???

2 comments:

  1. I was having some trouble really getting a solid idea for the third project, too. I do like the idea of your ceramic figures. In intermediate I made a female figure kind of similar (except with more tentacles. Don't ask) but I think that seems like it would be a good starting point. Just throwing out a suggestion, but it might be cool to work with textures and glazes from thrown pots. I mean, you could probably thrown an O'keefe-inspired sort of vessel and use it for the shape. Plus there are a lot of really nice high fire glazes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these flowers!!!
    They are so pretty!
    Scan my face!

    ReplyDelete