Monday, October 12, 2009

A Weekend in the Catskills

On Friday at 5:30 am I was off to Plattekill Ski Resort in Roxbury, NY situated comfortably in the Catskill Mountains. This weekend Plattekill held yet another downhill mountain bike race and I went with my boyfriend Brian to watch him compete. The weather was beautiful (after the first night when it poured), and the temperature only got down to the 30s, making camping a little difficult but fun none the less. The beauty of the mountain and the colors of the leaves were enough to make the trip one of the best. Here are a couple pictures I took while I was there....

I love this shot of Brian because it's not a typical composition because it's focusing on the back of his head as he walks away. The leaved of the trees are so beautiful and the blue from the chair lift gives it a hint of a brighter color. Oh and the last name... Ya-new-Ze... everyone always asks.

1 comment:

  1. That picture of Ya-new-ze is le précieux.
    And good golly those leaves are beautiful!
    I don't know if it's from living in the ciyy but when I went home the past weekend I was staring at the leaves like I had never seen them change color!
    They were soooo beautiful!
    My neighbor's tree looked like it was on fire.

    My mom said we are just having a nice fall, but seriously I have never seen the leaves change so beautifully.
    I feel like last year they just dropped off, with no effort to even look pretty. ugh

    ReplyDelete