Monday, September 14, 2009

Self Portrait, taken September 12th 2009, Digital Photography


Hello! I'm Abby Reczek. I'm from Coatesville, PA. This is my portrait picture, taken one rainy Saturday during one of the many explorations that I've taken with my friends. We wound up in South Eastern Pennsylvania and up around Northern Wilmington where we found a rock quarry and ended up picking up some really cool stones (which I learned were mica from my geology major friend).

I love this picture because of the contrast between the green trees and red rust of the guard rail. The rough spot in the water gives a much needed hint of white against the calmer, dark areas of water. The sky is dark from rain clouds, but I like the muted tone it gives to the picture. I think it is a true portrait of myself because I love being outside, I love Pennsylvania, and I love searching for beauty on rainy days.


1 comment:

  1. I loooove this picture!!!
    I want to come down to Delaware and hang out with you! It looks like so much fun! You always have lovely senic pictures!

    ReplyDelete