Monday, September 21, 2009

Trip to the Gallery

I think the photographic process that caught my eye the most was the cyanotype. I thought it was really interesting, especially the pictures from the UD campus. It's amazing to see the buildings in the 1800's and compare the campus to what it is today. Seeing these pictures makes me want to go around campus and take pictures myself so that I can look back or my children can look back and compare the campus at that time to my pictures. I think keeping pictures as a means of tracking history is extremely important and I'm going to continue to do it!

I looked up more examples of cyanotypes and found a really cool site that shows cyanotypes of Greek sculpture..... http://www.edaites.com/galcyanthn1.html. They remind me of monochromatic water color paintings.

Trying to take photographs using these old techniques would be really interesting to try. I would really like to try using a different technique besides just digital.

No comments:

Post a Comment